Are you interested in learning about what scientists and clinicians do in the field of dermatology? Want to gain experience conducting research in Penn laboratories? Are you a 10-12th grade Philadelphia public or charter school student? If so, the Penn Academy for Skin Health (PASH) is for you!
Engage with scientists and clinicians in the dermatology field
- Learn laboratory techniques directly from Penn researchers
- Perform laboratory experiments using state-of-the-art research equipment
- Discover genetic and environmental-based dermatologic diseases
- Network with Penn faculty and staff to learn about careers in both research and medicine
- Participate in a College 101 workshop
Ready to learn more? Watch this video about the Penn Academy for Skin Health (PASH)!
Apply to be part of the Spring 2021 PASH cohort at apply.interfolio.com/80198
PASH will run 4 consecutive Saturdays: April 10, 17, 24, and May 1 from 9am -1pm each day. These sessions may be held virtually, in-person at the University of Pennsylvania, or a combination of both. In the event that PASH is fully virtual, students will be provided all laboratory material to use at home.
Participants must attend all four sessions of the workshop to apply and be considered for a paid summer internship.
The entire PASH program is provided at no cost to participants.
Applications accepted: November 1, 2020 – January 29, 2021
Decision: March 1, 2021
* Your letter of recommendation does not have to completed before you proceed to the application. Select upload and invite a reviewer to submit a letter on your behalf. An email will be sent to them requesting a letter and directions on how to submit it for you. It is also helpful to reach out and let them know that your application will not be considered without the letter.
* Make sure to have someone proofread your responses before submitting. Work on them early enough and we are happy to provide feedback!
Dr. Jamie Shuda is directing the SBDRC outreach initiatives. For inquiries about PASH please email firstname.lastname@example.org